Sunday, December 11, 2005

ice box

I don't know what I was thinking, but I followed Titus into the 32 degree waters of Thousand Hills lake today. Needless to say, it was cold. After realizing how cold it actually was, I pulled myself out of the water, back onto the ice floe, and into the snow, because it was warmer there and I could breathe. For some reason I got back in, and swam with him at the end. I couldn't really stand up for a few minutes, as I kept falling to the right. i don't want to know what's physiologically wrong with me now, but I suspect I had paralyzed a cranial nerve. And my toes still hurt.

Very disappointed about my adopt-a-child kid. He was a great kid, but so, so cynical already, at only 13. It was a bit depressing. I do think he'll turn out ok though.

In other news, I have a very serious, impending sense of doom. I'm not kidding.

1 comment:

Tito said...

Will you jump in again this year. I know you are looking for excuses to come back to the ville so I thought I would provide one.