Monday, December 19, 2005

an obscure vacation

I would like to think that I'd have a nice normal vacation considering what med school and most of my breaks have been like so far, and what is so wierd about this one so far, is how boring it is. And not in a bad way.

I bought a $23,000 car so that I'd not have to fool around once breaks came up, or when I had to travel, but my Subaru Outback has other plans. The 'check engine' light has been on for two weeks, and I don't think it's a mistake that needs to be reset. My mileage has gone from ~33mpg to 18. And I can't turn on cruise control. Which is probably why the 'cruise' light is constantly blinking. Not quite sure how to get out of this one. I'm not quite sure I'll be able to get 'home' for Christmas. I was supposed to drag the car to the nearest dealership-100 miles away-but I had a cluster headache this morning, which put an end to that idea rather sharply.

I guess this is God's way of saying 'slow down' without killing me.

In the interim I've cleared out a ton of movies from the library, stayed up until 6am doing pretty much nothing important since Friday, and finished Harry Potter book five. This is how one truly saves the world.

I've also discovered Virgin Radio UK on the web.

So I've had nothing to eat today beside half of a mason jar of chocolate-covered expresso beans, and it turns out that even I can get very wired on those.

I'm currently working on songs for The Audio Journal (my solo project which I've done absolutely nothing with for several years). I don't think I have any intentions of making a TAJ EP, but maybe I will. I don't think The Still Technique will be going on forever and ever, especially since everyone will be moving in about eight months.

End of the line.

-Aaron

1 comment:

James Cridland said...

Glad you've discovered us on the web.

Make sure you listen every day, now, won't you? A handy link might be this one.

James
Virgin Radio